With the recent release of Registration of Downtime and Operational Hours in Mobaro, we've made some change to the Location Overview dashboard.
Most of the changes relating to the location's new operational status can be found in this article but we've also made an important change to the coloring on the top bar of each of the locations.
The reason for this is to provide a more clear overview of the locations' status on checklists. Previously, in lack of downtime reporting, high priority assignments have been used to indicate the presence of something which might interrupt operation on that particular location. This is done by enforcing a rule saying that no matter a location's status on checklists, the location would be colored red if there are any open high priority assignment on the location.
In short, the top bar of location was an indication of status on checklists if not interrupted by high priority assignments.
Our goal with this change has been the following:
- To be able to follow a location's status on today's checklists - at all times
- Free up the notion of a high priority assignment to be just that - an assignment which needs to be completed as soon as possible but without meaning something which interrupts operation
- Clearly communicate the location's operational status through different means on the dashboard
So from this point on, each location on the Location Overview dashboard has these distinct regions, each responsible for giving a status on different parameters:
- Clear indication of the location's status on checklist - the coloring works as before with the exception, that it no longer gets forced to red by high priority assignments.
- Details on the volume of checklists and assignments
- Operational status - if the location is marked as open/closed and if there are any active downtime registrations.
For those who prefer the "old way", we've added an option to enable this. This is found in the settings panel for the Location Overview dashboard:
By enabling this, the coloring of the top bar on the locations are reverted to work according to the old ruleset.
Please note, that you'll have to opt in to this setting and that we will be removing it at the end of October.