This article explains what roles are used for and the required steps to set up roles. Furthermore, you get two examples of useful roles.
Roles are used to grant and restrict permissions in Mobaro. For a number of different functionalities you will be able to grant or remove permission to create, view, modify, and delete.
Generally, we recommend that all users at all times only have permissions that are relevant to them. This is in order to avoid undesired use of certain permissions such as modify and delete. By setting up different roles, you can quickly assign a user a role with more permissions.
Setting up roles
- Go to the roles tab and click the + create button.
- Give the role an appropriate name e.g. "view only".
- Add the users the role should apply to.
- Define the combination of permissions for the role. This is the step where you decide whether the particular role should be able to create, view, modify and/or delete for each core feature in the system.
- Remember to press save.
Note: Remember, it is possible to assign more than one role to a user.
Examples on different roles
- Viewers: If you have people in your organization that would like to follow what's going on from the sideline, you could create a managing role that allows users to only view assignments, results or other relevant items.
- Managers: If you have users that should not have full administrator rights, but only the rights to create and edit locations, you could create a role with these specific permissions and assign it to the relevant users.