This article explains what a work forecast report is and how to set it up.
The work forecast report can automatically be sent via email at certain intervals. Receivers of the email will get a forecast of active checklists and assignments they are responsible for during the period of time the forecast is covering.
What is a work forecast report?
The work forecast report prevents overdue assignments and missing checklists by giving the receiver an overview of active checklists and assignments that he/she is responsible for during the coming period of time. Below is an example of what such a report could look like:
The report can also hold information about checklists and assignments that were active but have since been completed at the sending time of the email as well as any checklists that might have been missed or assignments that went overdue during the same time.
How to set up a work forecast report
- Go to notification rules tab under the organization section. Press the + create button to set up a new notification rule.
- Choose the type of report you want. In this tutorial we are setting up a work forecast report, but the different types of reports are listed below, and you can read more about them here.
- Fill in the recipients of the report. This can be entire user groups and/or individual users.
- Define locations or locations groups as the targets of the report. You can leave this empty which means each recipient will receive a forecast for all locations/location groups that he/she is a member of for the checklists and assignments that he/she is assignee on.
- Define the schedule that dictates when the forecast should be sent and how long of a period it should report on.
- Choose which day(s) of the week the report should be sent.
- Choose which period of time it should include content for. You can choose between daily, weekly and monthly. Note: the period should be understood as the current calendar period.
- Choose which checklists and assignments to include. You can choose between Only items where deadline is within the selected period or All items that are available in the selected period. If you have a checklist that starts before or during with a deadline after the period of the report, this checklist will not be included in the report if selecting the first option. Oppositely, it will be included if selecting the second option.
- If you are working with more than one time zone in your organization, you need to select which time zone to be used for displaying date and time information.
- Fill in a name for administrative purposes. You can also add an internal description but note that these will not be reflected in any emails sent out.
Note: The report will only include information about checklists and assignments the receiver is assigned to - either personally or via user group membership. This means that e.g. assignments which are assigned to other user groups or other users personally will not be included.