This article is about validating checklists results. Validation is done to ensure compliance of completed checklists, and it can be done both from the mobile and web app.
When requiring validation of a preformed checklist, you make sure the results gets another audit. This audit will often be a review made by a manager or other administrative staff.
This adds an extra layer of actions to the processing of results, by making sure another set of eyes reviews the result of a checklist.
Pre-requisitions for validating checklists
There are two pre-requisitions for the validation to work. Follow the two steps underneath.
Step 1: Set up checklists
When scheduling a checklist, you can set up the checklist to require validation. At the end of the editor you can tick off “Mark results as requiring validation”. This will mark the results of a finished checklist with a yellow circle in the results tab, indicating the completed checklist awaits validation.
Furthermore, you need to add reviewers to the schedule of the checklist. They need to be authorized to validate a checklist result.
Step 2: Make authorized reviewers
To be able to validate a result of a checklist the user must be granted a reviewer role. This is to make sure that only certain administrative people can make the final approval or disapproval of a checklist. The Reviewer role can be configured under the Roles tab by ticking off “Validate” and “Validate missing”. Read more on how to set up roles in this article.
After you have ensured that your Mobaro users are authorized to validate, you add them as Reviewers in the editor of the schedule.
How to validate a checklist
Validation of checklists can be done in different ways.
From the mobile app
From the mobile app you can validate all checklists that are scheduled to require validation. Furthermore, validation from the mobile app is especially useful when you have configured a checklist with logic based on a checklist state. This will make certain questions available for the reviewer. The reviewer will be able to see, edit, and comment on the answers made by the assignee. This will increase compliance of the checklist. Check this article to see how you can use logic to validate checklists.
To validate from the mobile app follow these steps:
- Go to checklists tile
- Click the in the top right corner with the number of pending results to be validated. Note: if the icon is not there, it is either because there are no results awaiting validation, or you do not have the authorization to validate checklists (check step no. 2).
- Pick the result you want to inspect and follow the instructions as a regular checklist. You can add comments, attachments, or edit the answer made by assignees.
- At the end of inspection press Done, and either approve or disapprove the result. You can add both a comment and other attachments explaining the approval or disapproval.
From the web app
On the web app, go to the Results tab. Under the Results tab you see the different states of a checklist.
Preapproved (a checklist that do not require validation and is made within the timespan)
From the results tab you can choose to:
- Inspect results: Choose the result you want to inspect, press view, and review the report in the desired format. You can approve or disapprove the result at the top of the activities log in the right side of the view. You can add both a comment and other attachments explaining the approval or disapproval.
- Bulk approve: From the total list of results, you can enable multiselect. This allows you to select all relevant checklists and bulk approve or disapprove them. Again, you can add both a comment and other attachments explaining the approval or disapproval.
- Invalidate results by clicking . Read more on invalidating results here.
Note: The result report will show both the answers made by the assignee and the reviewer if the checklist is set up with logic based on a checklists state.