This article is about how to work with competencies and certifications. Including how to setup Competencies in Mobaro and manually certifications to users as well as how to setup the new Competency widget on your Dashboard.
Competencies in Mobaro assign specific proficiencies to users in order to restrict users to only completing checklists they are proficient on.
Creating a competency
In order to take advantage of competencies, you must first setup the competencies in Mobaro. To setup competencies you need to navigate to the Competencies tab:
- Click the + button to create a new competency.
- Fill out the name of the Competency.
- Give your competency a description.
- Click the save icon; you've created a competency.
- Repeat this step for all competencies needed.
Manually assigning user certifications
Certifications are the means of how a user obtains a certain competency. Certifications can be setup to expire after a certain period of time or can be set the never expire. If a checklist requires a specific competency to be able to access it, a user must have a certification that includes the necessary certification(s).
To manually assign certifications you'll need to navigate to the Certifications tab under the Competency tab.
- Click the + button to create a new certification.
- Find the user you wish to assign this certification to.
- Attach the competency you with the user to acquire to this certification.
- Click the save icon; you've manually created a certification.
- Repeat this step for all users as needed.
Setting up a Certification Process
Certifications can now assigned through a flow on the Mobaro app through the new Certification Process. Super Users can now setup the process to dynamically assign users specific competencies. You can do this by going to new Certification Process tab.
- Click the + button to create a new certification process.
- Name your process.
- Attach the competency you wish you award the user.
- Attach the applicable checklist.
- Tip: You can utilize the same checklist for multiple certifications should you utilize a generic setup.
- Assign a user or user group to be able to complete the process.
- If applicable, assign a user or user group to become reviewers if you require someone to approve a certification. (Super Users will be able to approve these automatically)
- Determine the expiration date of the competency if applicable.
You can now require users to have other competencies to gain new ones.
Utilizing the previous flow, you can also attach a series of previous competencies that are required prior to allowing the user access to this certification process flow.
RideOps and Competencies
One of the most prominent uses of Competency Management is in combination with RideOps. Now, when logging in to the RideOps application, only users who have received training for the specific ride will be able to log in. Safety first.